THE FIDELES MODEL
Rigorous Academics from a Christian World View
Fideles utilizes an eclectic curriculum including Christian publishers (BJU Press, Purposeful Design, Easy Grammar, etc.) as well as secular publishers (Holt Rhinehart, Brooks Cole, Pearson Prentice Hall, McGraw-Hill, etc.) and selectively draws from the wide range of classical literature, history, and scientific resources. Our curriculum is carefully integrated vertically, from one grade to the next, and horizontally, within individual grade levels. It is designed to equip the conscientious student with a thorough Christian world and life view while meeting or exceeding recognized academic standards.
Fideles Christian School Statement of Faith
The mission of Fideles Christian School is to inspire and nurture students to seek God’s truth through a college preparatory educational experience.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His Resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified by grace because of the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24, 25; Romans 3:23, 5:1, 8–9; Ephesians 1:3-5; 2:1, 8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved receive eternal life and those who are lost receive eternal condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:12–13; Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as either biological male or biological female, and that these two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27).
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union (Gen. 2:18-25; I Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bi-sexual conduct, transgenderism, bestiality, incest, or use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; I Cor. 6:9-10).
The Statement of Faith for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Fideles Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is Fideles’ final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
The spiritual objective of Fideles Christian School is to encourage its students, families and staff to live and work whole-heartedly for the Lord and for the building of His body, the Church. We further wish to encourage all associated with this school to live in ever increasing obedience to Him by bringing all facets of their lives under His control and authority (Matthew 22:37-40). Therefore, parents, staff, and board members, must be in agreement with the Fideles statement of faith and mission.